Last revised: February 16, 2022
I. Information We Collect and How It Is Used
B. Types of Information We Collect
1. We collect information from Visitors and Members who access various parts of our Website and use different Services in a variety of ways, including through a mobile device. As a result, the type of information we collect depends on the ways Visitors and Members interact with us, our Website and/or our Service(s). We may offer websites, services or applications that permit browsing and do not require registration. We may also offer Members the ability to access their accounts online and offline, which may result in collection of different data.
2. Information that we may collect about you through interactions includes information that you give us (such as your name, address, email address, telephone number, date of birth, other contact information, surveys and other information input into the Website); automatic information (data resulting from your activity, such as transaction information, IP address, log in, email, passwords and browsing activity); mobile information (location services); and information from other sources, such as social security numbers for contractors and instructors. We may also gather additional information such as the type of device and browser you are using, the IP address of your device, information about your device's operating system, and additional information associated with your device and browsing activity. We may also gather information collected through cookies, tags, tracers, tracking scripts, web beacons, and other technologies, as described further below. We may supplement the personal information you provide with publicly available information about you as well as information from other sources.
6. We may use the Website as an entry into other networked web pages and websites operated by us and our subsidiaries and affiliates (together, the "Transaction Sites"), such as for credit card processing. Please note that individual Transaction Sites may adopt privacy terms particular to the purpose of such Transaction Site or the transaction(s) taking place on such Transaction Site. As Transaction Sites are generally affiliated with commercial transactions that you or your business may have with us, particularly those which are password-protected or are subject to subscriptions, the privacy terms for such sites may differ through terms in separate agreements which may supplement or supersede these terms.
C. Use of Registration and Visitor Information
1. Registration may be allowed or required on the Website. Members are asked to provide certain personal information when they sign up for our Services including name, address, telephone number, email address and billing information (such as a credit card number and expiration date). The personal information collected from Members during the registration process is used to manage each Member's account (such as for billing purposes) and may be shared with other Members to coordinate Services. This information is not normally shared with unaffiliated third parties, unless specifically stated otherwise or in special circumstances.
2. We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. They have access to personal information gathered through the Services needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
3. We may promote the Website, Services or a new service to Members, such as by sending you emails or, if you have provided consent, sending you text messages. You may manage your communication preferences within your account.
4. We may also generate non-identifying and aggregate profiles from personal information Members provide during registration (such as the total number, but not the names, of Members). As explained in more detail below, we may use this aggregated and non-identifying information to sell advertisements that appear on the Services.
D. Email Marketing From Third Party Sponsors
E. "Cookies" and How We Use Them
F. Additional Technologies
We may also use additional technologies such as pixel tags, web beacons, tracers, tracking scripts, clear GIFs and other technologies, and may permit our third party service providers to use these technologies. We use these technologies for purposes such as measuring the effectiveness of our advertisements or other communications, determining viewing and response rates, and determining which offers to present to you on our own or on third party sites.
G. Change in Ownership
1. As we continue to develop our business, we might sell or buy websites, subsidiaries, or business units. In such transactions, customer information generally is one of the transferred business assets but remains subject to the promises made in any pre-existing Privacy Notice (unless, of course, the customer consents otherwise).
2. In connection with a change in ownership, or a merger or an acquisition, all (or select aspects) of our customer information may be transferred. All of our subscribers and registered users will be notified of any change in ownership, merger or an acquisition of our assets by a third party. Subscribers and users may choose to access and modify any of their registration and subscription information at that time.
H. Special Cases
While using our Service and/or website, you will have opportunities to post reviews or other personal information in public areas. Please understand that when you post such information, it is made public and is not subject to this policy. We are not responsible for any third party's use of personal information you publicly disclose through our Service.
It is our policy not to use or share personal information about Visitors or Members in ways unrelated to the ones described above without also providing you an opportunity to opt out or otherwise prohibit such unrelated uses. However, we may disclose personal information about Visitors or Members, or information regarding your use of the Services or Web sites accessible through our Services, for any reason if, in our sole discretion, we believe that it is reasonable to do so, including:
- to satisfy laws, such as the Electronic Communications Privacy Act, regulations, or governmental or legal requests for such information;
- to disclose information that is necessary to identify, contact, or bring legal action against someone who may be violating our Terms of Service [https://victoryskating.com/#rec310758184] or other policies;
- to operate the Services properly;
- or to protect the rights, property, and safety of us, our Members, or any third party.
- This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
I. Children's Privacy
2. In compliance with COPPA, we have adopted the following policies to keep Children safe.
a. Personally identifiable information we collect from Children will be used solely by us or our agents for internal purposes only and will not be sold or otherwise distributed to third parties.
b. We will not knowingly allow Children to access any social media site that may exist on the Website, email accounts, or other services we provide that would allow them to publicly post or otherwise distribute personally identifiable information.
c. We will not knowingly ask a Child to divulge more information than is needed to participate in any activity, game, or service.
d. We will not knowingly keep any personally identifiable information that is inadvertently included in a Child's email submission, help inquiry, or other one-time request, if we know that the child is under the age of 13.
e. We will not knowingly post any personally identifiable information that is inadvertently included in a Child's submission to a general audience contribution area if we know that the child is under the age of 13. These submissions will be deleted and handled anonymously thereafter.
f. We will not knowingly provide any direct link to websites that are unsuitable for Children or teens.
3. Consistent with COPPA, there are few instances where we will collect information from Children, such as:
a. Requesting the contact information of a Parent for the sole purpose of providing notification to the Parent;
b. Collecting Children's contact information on a one-time basis, such as when they enter a contest or ask us a question using the "contact us" link on our Website. We will use this information on a one-time basis solely to directly respond to the Child's request.
c. Collecting a Child's contact information and the contact information of his/her Parent solely to directly respond more than once to a specific request from the Child (for example, to satisfy the request for a newsletter subscription). The Parent will have an opportunity at any time to revoke the Child's request (i.e., unsubscribe). We will not use the Child's personal information to re-contact the child for any other purpose; and
d. Using cookies to collect non-personally-identifiable information on our Website for analytics and internal operations purposes.
J. How to access and control your personal data
You can make choices about the collection and use of your data by Victory Skating. You can control your personal data that Victory Skating has obtained, and exercise your rights to review the data that has been collected; make corrections to the information and request that we erase personal data by contacting Victory Skating (see contact information in IV Miscellaneous section). In some cases, your ability to access or control your personal data will be limited, as required or permitted by applicable law.
K. Your California Privacy Rights
California's "Shine the Light" law permits California residents to annually request and obtain information free of charge about what personal information is disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes in the preceding calendar year.
N. Sharing Information with Our Services
Your profile is fully visible to all Members, users and customers of our Services. It may also be visible to others on or off of our Services (e.g., users of third- party search engines). Excerpts from your profile may appear on the services of others (e.g., search engine results, mail and calendar applications that show a user a "mini" Victory Skating profile of the person they are meeting or messaging, social media aggregators). "Old" profile information may remain on these services until they update their data cache with changes you made to your profile. Your settings, the degree of connection or interests you have with the viewing Member, the subscriptions they may have, their usage, and other variables impact the availability of your profile and whether they can view certain fields in your profile.
Posts, Likes, Follows, Comments, Messages
Our Services allow viewing and sharing information including through posts, likes, follows and comments.
- When you share an article or a post (e.g., an update, image, video or article) publicly it can be viewed by everyone and re-shared anywhere. Members, Visitors and others will be able to find and see your publicly-shared content, including your name (and photo if you have provided one).
- In a group, posts are visible to others in the group. Your membership in groups is public and part of your profile.
- When you follow a person or skill, you are visible to others as a follower.
- We let senders know when you act on their message.
- We let a Member know when you view their profile.
- When you like or re-share or comment on another's content (including ads), others will be able to view these "social actions" and associate it with you (e.g., your name, profile and photo if you provided it).
II. Credit Card Information
A. Credit Card Information
We are committed to handling your customer information with high standards of information security. Your credit card information is stored only in encrypted form and processed using a secured order server with Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology through use of a third party payment processor. While we make every effort to ensure the integrity and security of our network and systems, and those of our affiliates and agents, we cannot guarantee that our security measures will prevent third-party "hackers" from illegally obtaining this information.
B. What is your Credit Card Fraud Policy?
In the unlikely event that you experience unauthorized use of your credit card, promptly report the fraudulent activity to your credit card company. Under the Fair Credit Billing Act, your liability may be limited for fraudulent charges. Please check with your credit card company to verify specific terms and conditions.
III. Communication to Members and Visitors
We use personal information to communicate important information with our Members. Important information includes, but not limited to, student newsletters, instructor newsletters, lesson reminders, lesson journal entries, payment information, credit card update notifications, account status, legal updates, and other important account information. Members and, where applicable Visitors, agree to accept this communication from us. Please note that you cannot unsubscribe from certain correspondence from us, including messages relating to your account transactions.
A. Online Advertisements
We occasionally display online advertisements on our Website and in our newsletters and alerts. We share aggregated and non-identifying information about our Visitors and Members collected through the registration process as well as through online surveys and promotions with these advertisers. Additionally, in some instances, we use this aggregated and non-identifying information to deliver tailored advertisements. For instance, an advertiser might tell us the audience they want to reach (for example, females between 18 and 30 years of age) and provide us with an advertisement tailored to that audience. Based upon the aggregated and non-identifying information we have collected, we may then display the advertisement to the intended audience. However, we do not share personal information about its Visitors or Members with these advertisers to be used for other purposes.
B. Responses to Email Inquiries
When Visitors or Members send email inquiries to us, we use the return email address to answer the email inquiry we receive. We do not use the return email address for any other purpose and do not share the return email address with any third party.
Attn: Victory Skating Corp.
919 North Market Street, Suite 950, Wilmington, New Castle County, Delaware, Zip 19801
B. Changes to This Policy
C. Terms of Service, Arbitration and Governing Law